My friend has the above phone (LG E610v). It had a custom vodafone rom (that's why the v at the end). She called me to tell me that it's very slow (Android Version 4.0.3). So I did my search on the net and found how to install new ROM.
Since Alzheimer getting closer, I wanted to write a tutorial how I did it (not only for me but also for the rest of you who struggle with it).
This tutorial has 3 parts. The first part is how to root it. The next is how to change the firmware and finally how to change ROM. Choose what part you need. Some parts can be used with other LG phones such as E612.
Before you start, I warn you that I'm not responsible for any problem you face. If your phone doesn't work, it's your responsibility. I don't own any copyrights of the files I propose-used.
Also before you start, be sure you have a backup of your phone list, files etc.
The first thing you have to do is to get root access of your phone.
1. Go to setting menu and enable USB debugging.
2. Enable Uknown sources (from settings menu).
3. Connect your phone to your computer. If you need drivers, check out this file or this file.
4. Download the SRSRoot file and install it.
5. Click one of the ROOT options (I clicked on the first one) and wait until it's finished.
Check the video:
Another way to root it (NOT TESTED by me):
1. Download Root from http://www.mgyun.com/vroot.
2. Installed the apps in your computer. Double click on the exe file.
3. Activate the software by double click the icon. Normally located at desktop.
4. Now, connect your phone to computer.
5. Wait the software to detect your phone.
6. Click on the green button on the windows.
7. You shall get this message. Your phone now is rooted.
8. Your phone reboot automatically.
You'll need the KDZ Updater. Download it from here. This file includes also drivers for the phone (just in case). You can also find drivers from LG mobile Support Page.
1. Install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (msxml.msi)
2. Run UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
Now start the KDZ Update.
1. Download the Firmware for your phone – Here is the firmware that I used. It changed it to Cyannogen (Android 4.1), rooted the phone. Here is another file just in case you need it.
2. Download the KDZ Updater tool – Here
3. Then you need to open Emergency/Download mode in your phone. For that, remove battery from phone and re insert it back on mobile. Don’t switch on the phone. You need to press and hold Volume DOWN + connect your mobile with PC or Laptop using original USB Data cable together until you get the yellow screen and Shows text in black color as Emergency/Download Mode.
4. Then open KDZ Updater tool. Make sure you are in Administrator account.
5. Then choose, 3GQCT as a type, DIAG as Phone Mode, And select KDZ file option to browse and select the downloaded .kdz file.
6. Then click on Launch Software Update button. This process may take long time to complete. After that the ROM has flashed on your device.
7. After the process done, you can see the message Finished in log screen of the tool. Then your mobile will be switched off. And you need to restart the mobile. Then it will take some long time for the first boot.
PS: For Greeks, you can download the Vodafone KDZ file or better the Greek KDZ.
Check the video:
There are quite some ROMS out there. If you like Cyanogen, you can go to the page of the Cyanogen ROMS. I saw that they have the word NIGHTLY. That mean it's heavy under construction. So I used Slim's ROMS.
The files you'll need (one of them):
1. SLIM 4.3 and Google full apps or Google apps
2. SLIM 4.4 and Google apps
Now here is the installation.
1. Transfer the downloaded files (SLIM 4.3 and Google apps) to your external SD card. It normaly works with your mobile's SD storage.
2. After that disconnect the phone from computer.
3. Switch off the mobile.
4. Reboot into recovery mode. For that, press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together. Move with Volume up - down and the power button.
5. Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
6. Do the following: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Yes”
7. Do the following: “Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache > Yes”
8. Do the following: “Mounts and Storage > Format /system > Yes”
9. After the above process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
10. Now choose the downloaded ROM file.
11. Then confirm it and wait for the process complete. It takes some long time to complete.
12. Then again do the same process, select the “Install Zip from SD card” and then “Choose zip from SD card”
13. Select the downloaded gapps file “gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip” or the FULL "pa_gapps-full-4.3-20131102-signed.zip" (212MB). After that confirm it and wait for the process complete.
14. Then select “Go Back > Reboot System now” to reboot the phone. Normally first boot take some long time to complete. It will install the updates on the first boot. So, wait un till it finishes the booting process.
NOTE: If your phone has stuck on the welcome screen or boot screen, just remove the battery and re insert it and do the above steps again.
Here the phone with 4.3
Here the phone with 4.4
If you want the latest ROMS that slim devs release, you can check their download site.